Speaker: Julie Hammond & Muriel Morwitzer
Date: 1st, 2nd & 3rd April 2016
Venue: Yogahub, 75 Coogee Street, Mount Hawthorn WA 6016
Movement, Stability, Coordination – get your Anatomy in Motion!
Whatever your modality – Physiotherapist, Remedial Massage Therapist, Yoga, Pilates, Personal Trainer, Rehabilitative Exercise or Dance Therapy – Anatomy Trains offers skills that manual and movement therapists can use to see their clients more clearly and work more effectively.
Traditional anatomy is so static, but humans are constantly in dynamic movement – Anatomy Trains gives you the transmission from muscle to muscle through the fascial fabric. Thomas Myers’ Anatomy Trains® weekend intensives are holistic, fun and very useful.
Completely transform your view of myofascial anatomy and expand your ability to assess your clients!
This Course helps you:
- BodyRead your client’s postural and movement patterns with greater accuracy and integration
- Gain access to effective treatment strategies for resolving postural distortions, which may occur some distance from the obvious site of pain or limitation
- Enable you to make distinct changes in your clients’ movement pattern
The workshop is split into roughly equal time and covers:
- Lecture/presentation of the concepts and the lines
- BodyReading and postural /movement analysis
- Fascial plane and myofascial plane techniques from Tom’s KMI Structural Integration Library
- Training techniques from our movement library to balance and awaken myofascial meridians.
- Introduce the AT Lines in static posture and through movement
- Expanding and refining the anatomical understanding of each myofascial meridian
- Exploring the anatomy of each myofascial meridian in movement
- Understand many of the roles of the fascial tissues in the body
- Introduce Tom Myers’ unique style of Body Reading, letting you clearly see skeletal relationships using the vocabulary of Bend, Tilt, Shift and Rotate
- To be able to see and understand the distal influences through the body and why we need to assess the whole body if we are to make a lasting change
- Learn to accurately palpate fascial areas through feeling different qualities of tissue
- Apply knowledge to construct a bodywork session appropriate for the specific pattern of each client