Tensegrity Spine (Module 4)
The Structural Essentials workshops can be taken as stand alone workshops or as credits towards the full ATSI training.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now
The Structural Essentials workshops are a set of intensive soft-tissue technique courses, divided into functional regions. Each course thoroughly conveys 15 – 20 technique 'templates', designed for versatile application for the different patterns your clients bring to you.
This course examines the spine as a tensegrity truss – how the bones float within the myofascial balance. An integral part of structure, we all know the agonizing effects of incorrect mechanics when it doesn’t work and often fail to appreciate the wonderfully adaptive job it does when the vertebrae are allowed to float.
We look at the actions available at each of the sections (lumbar, thorax and cervical) of the spine and how they may lead to certain dysfunctional patterns. By putting the spine into context with the surrounding structures we can better understand the reasons for its limitations and its wondrous abilities.
Once we explain the logic pattern, the soft-tissue patterns that surround the spine, then through the assessment and learning our techniques for freeing and balancing them, you will be able to
- Anterior and posterior curvatures – lordosis and kyphosis
- Side bends
- Rotations (and counter rotations)
- Guy-wires on both the front and back of the spine, and
- Balancing the trunk spinal work into the cervical spine and sacrum
Each class includes:
- Relevant anatomy for the area – short intensive and integrated presentations assemble the best figures from multiple sources, including brand new learning tools such as video of fascial
dissections and palpation of the relevant structures to convey the information in an inspiring and understandable fashion
- BodyReading (visual assessment) – the common postural and movement implications – how to see and ‘read’ them in the intricacy of individual patterns
- Fascial Release Techniques – each technique is fully laid out for intent and ‘feel’,with plenty of
time for practice, ensuring that your can apply these methods immediately in your practice
Fans of the Hip (Module 2)Structural Essentials is a completely redesigned program that includes a series of short intensives to give you a solid, reliable, and holistic way of working.
Shoulders and Arms (Module 5)The Structural Essentials workshops can be taken as stand alone workshops or as credits towards the full ATSI training.
Arches and Legs (Module 1)This series of workshops will take you to a new level in therapy by combining movement and specific manual techniques for the most efficient and long-lasting results, using the latest research on the interaction between skeleton, myofascia, joints, and fascial proprioceptors.
Abdomen, Chest & Breath (Module 3)The Structural Essentials workshops can be taken as stand alone workshops or as credits towards the full ATSI training.