Anatomy Trains in Motion FUSION for Manual & Movement Therapists
Serves as the prerequisite for the upcoming FRSB workshops with Tom Myers & Julie Hammond in New Zealand - The only prerequisite course scheduled in New Zealand in 2017!
Country: New Zealand
Speaker: Julie Hammond & Muriel Morwitzer
Date: 4th - 6th March 2017
Venue: The Mercure, 8 Customs Street East
Price: $810 AUD
Enquire Now: email@example.com
Whatever your modality – Physiotherapist, Remedial Massage Therapist, Yoga, Pilates, Personal Trainer, Rehabilitative Exercise or Dance Therapy – Anatomy Trains offers skills that manual and movement therapists can use to see their clients more clearly and work more effectively
Traditional anatomy is so static, but humans are constantly in dynamic movement – Anatomy Trains gives you the transmission from muscle to muscle through the fascial fabric. Thomas Myers’ Anatomy Trains® weekend intensives are holistic, fun and very useful.
Anatomy Trains: Anatomy Trains was developed for the analysis of softtissue patterns, helping you to understand the roles that the myofascial meridians play in your clients’ patterns and how you can start to unwind these patterns for long term results.
Anatomy Trains in Motion: Anatomy Trains in Motion has been developed by art of motion specifically for movement professionals who want to broaden their professional horizons and skills in anatomy and structural integration through motion.
Here is what you get from the Anatomy Trains & Anatomy Trains in Motion FUSION:
This course is delivered with your practice in mind. The days are filled with information relevant to both the movement and manual worlds, along with practical applications – you will have useful and usable skills by the end of the three days.
Touch skills might not be a normal part of the movement therapist’s repertoire; therefore we encourage full participation throughout this course. You will gain palpation skills and deeper
anatomical understanding, further assisting your visual assessments and movement prescriptions.
A seamless and functional Slings Myofascial Training movement lesson, representing the interconnectedness of myofascial meridians (they are so much more than ‘lines’ that can be
‘superimposed’ onto exercises) in motion is also part of the course.
As a manual therapist you spend a lot of time focusing on the posture and imbalances of others. ‘Stepping’ into your own body and experiencing anatomy in movement can bring many insights leading to greater body awareness when doing your own practice, as well as understanding your client’s movement patterns from a different point of view.
This Course helps you:
• BodyRead your client’s postural and movement patterns with greater accuracy and integration
• Gain access to effective treatment strategies for resolving postural distortions, which may occur some distance from the obvious site of pain or limitation
• Enable you to make distinct changes in your clients’ movement pattern Workshop Format: The workshop is split into roughly equal time and covers:
• Lecture/presentation of the concepts and the lines • BodyReading and postural /movement analysis
• Fascial plane and myofascial plane techniques from Tom’s KMI Structural Integration Library
• Training techniques from our movement library to balance and awaken myofascial meridians.